Sol's Foods products are handcrafted and much of our offering is prepared to order.
Breads are baked freshly each day, charcuterie is sliced to order and hampers are assembled shortly before delivery.
We are a Cape Town based company and refuse to compromise on the freshness of the products you receive from us. We have decided to keep our distribution region within the geographical bounds of being able to ensure the quality we promise to you.
Where we deliver:
Greater Cape Town
Our stock and supplies are sourced from various places around South Africa and held at our urban farm in Rondebosch, Cape Town. This enables us to supply any of our stock items to the greater Cape Town area. For a full list of pantry staples and hampers please visit our online shop.
Rest of South Africa
View list of products available for national delivery
Due to the geographical size of South Africa, fresh food logistics can be complex. Many companies have mitigated the need for refrigerated vans and courier vehicles by adding secondary packaging in the form of insulating polystyrene and ice packs.
We refuse to take an approach that adds further pressure on our already strained planet and for this reason restrict our national offering to non-perishables only.
Fear not though as you can still get a great taste of the Sol's experience as many of our non-perishable hampers are perfect for the home or great as gifts.
View our products available for national delivery
When we deliver:
- Scheduled deliveries take place Monday to Sunday.
- At checkout you will be prompted for your preferred delivery day and time
- For Cape Town we deliver between 10:00 and 15:00 daily. It is however advisable to err on the side of an early delivery in case of unforeseen delays. Whilst we obviously never want to keep you waiting, the nature of artisan hand made food is such that we cannot always guarantee delivery times.
- Our charcuterie and bakery products are intended for consumption on day of delivery. Please consider this when scheduling your preferred delivery time slot.
- National deliveries have a lead time of 4 days and are typically delivered within normal working hours. If you have any specific delivery requests please leave a note when checking out your order
Susan Hall –
I ordered a cheeseboard gift from the UK to be sent to my daughter in Cape Town as a birthday gift. Punctual delivery as requested – beautifully gift wrapped and excellent produce. My daughter was thrilled and said that everything tastes exquisite. I look forward to using your service again in the future. Very highly recommended – thank you 😊
Bev Mackenzie –
Highly recommend! I ordered a Cheese hamper at short notice and Sol was super flexible and accommodating. The hamper was a birthday gift for my sister. She absolutely loved it – and will be a regular customer going forward. Great quality, beautifully presented, generous portions and fast delivery!